What is Step by Step Cyber Essentials?
- A one day classroom based session that teaches organisations the minimum recommended
level of Cyber Security and how to achieve it;
- It prepares organisations wishing to earn the Cyber Essentials certification;
- Cyber Essentials is the only government-backed, industry supported scheme to encourage
awareness of, and protection from the escalating risk of cyber attacks;
- Certification signals to customers and suppliers that steps are being taken to prevent your
business being compromised and thereby reducing risk to theirs.
Purpose of this course
To equip delegates to work with their organisation to ensure appropriate policies and systems are in
place and for those interested in earning the certification to complete the on-line self-assessment.
Who should attend?
An IT background is not essential for this course although some basic understanding is advantageous.
It is aimed at those with leadership responsibility for information security, business continuity and risk
Classroom learning with an experienced Cyber Security professional:
- What is Cyber Security?
- Where is the threat originating and why you?
- What are Cyber Essentials, the Five Key Controls and how to provision them?
- How is Cyber Essentials assessed and what is the intent of each of the sections of questions?
- What additional effort is required to attain the IASME accreditation?
As part of the day the group goes through a simulated cyber attack and, through this exercise, develops a deeper understanding of the issues and the potential impact of an event.
The course materials include a detailed workbook that can be used after the class to develop and implement a Cyber Defence Plan and if appropriate prepare for the certification process.
For more information and to book your place;
13th September follow https://step-by-step-cyber-essentials-13-sep.eventbrite.co.uk